Monday, December 29, 2008

Part-time Job

Well I find myself with a part-time job. Bartender. Friday and Saturday night I open the bar in the cafe for thirsty folks, who just need a refreshing beverage. I don't judge, if you want a glass of wine, I'll have on with you, if you want a cold tap beer, I'll pour it for you, if you want a nice caffeinated beverage I also have those. I by law have to serve something to eat with the beverages so I have lately been popping pop corn, or having pretzels. The busier I hope we get the more satisfying the snacks will get.

The first night we did it, our good friends Ed and Deb stopped by we had a couple Drop Tops and they went home, they are working 18 days straight up at the hill. So I closed the blinds at 7:00 and went home and made dinner. This Friday night, some other friends Jen and Dan stopped by, his parents were in town and so they were able to sneak away from the kids and a have a few with us. Dan B. (only store employee) stayed after his shift and enjoyed the snowy night with us. 5 hours later we were still there, laughing and just carrying on. I think some of us made have had too many, because they only made it 2 miles down the road pulled over and slept in his pick-up with the window rolled down. COLD!!

It breaks up the every day same ole'. It's fun, we enjoy having the locals stop by and keep us company, we make a little extra money, but really we make relationships with the ones who keep us going when all the tourists leave.

No comments: