Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year Resolution

Everyone has one, a new years resolution, but why? Why do we insist on bettering ourselves from the year before. Did we suck that bad? I don't know where the new year resolution came from, but like most I try to think of something I could do to better my life. Brian and I have decided we are going to take more picture this year. My mother-in-law bought us a Nikon touch screen camera, (I was so excited). We take the little bugger every where. On the slopes, on the road, on walks, just hanging around the house. I don't know if this has better my life or fixed it in anyway but it's at least fun. I think my resolution should be taking the pictures from the camera and putting them on my computer. I was going to post some pics but, this system is acting stupid, so I will try again later.

On a business note, we are still slow but we are getting a lot of projects done. We are painting the Cafe, and changing the menu around. Friday and Saturday happy hour is going great!!! We are getting more and more people every week. When you live is such a small town, I would say North Fork is a 1/3 of the the size of South Fork (where I grew up). The year around population has got be only 300 (if that). We as a community get pretty bored. This just adds a different environment and breaks up the same ole every day routine. It kind of sucks for me now, since I open Saturday and Sunday mornings, 6:00 am comes pretty fast when you go to bed at 1:00 am. Oh, but is it fun I can't believe in such little time we have great memories with our new community and the people who live in it. Meeting new people is probably the biggest perks to this job.

The weather here is something I have never seen before in my life. It will snow 20" and that night it will rain, and I'm not talking kind of rain I'm talking down right pouring. Last Friday I saw a rainbow, yes a rainbow. In January WTF? The rain makes a mess though, even though its raining and about 37-40 degrees the highway is still freezing and just turns the road to ice. The hill has been great we go at least once a week if not twice, it depends on the amount of cleaning I have. Other than that we are just enjoying were we live and the new friends we have made.

No comments: