Monday, December 22, 2008

It's been a while

It's been awhile since I....
1.Blogged
2.Had a customer
3.Called an old friend
4.Talked to my parents
5.Ate sushi
6.Cleaned my bathroom
7.Drove a car
8.Skied
9.Went to the dentist
10.Had my haircut
So some of these things I have control over, some I do not. I will explain.
1. We were swamped this fall with hunters and fisherman, which was a good thing because we were able to make our payment which means we have a few more months here. Well because of the busy season I neglected the blog and haven't posted in a while. I promise I will try harder.
2. Since the busy season is over Brian and I had a month off, we had a good time, relaxing at the ranch, jeeping in Moab, and remodeling small parts of our apartment (we will bush this subject later). But we are back now and I'm working in the store, and Brian is handling the maintenance issues around the place. But because we are so slow, I have a customer about every half hour, which makes for a very long day. But we do enjoy the down time we are able to get projects done and relax.
3. Since I live in a podunk town in Idaho I don't call friends that often, I will try to do more than this but it's hard when I don't know what to talk to them about. I miss lots of people but I find myself enjoying my new life, to really look back. Is that bad? I love not seeing to many people. I can't say I miss my old city life, but I know that I miss the people I left behind and sometimes I feel like it's easier to not talk to them because the more I talk to them the more I miss them. But I will try to stay in contact with those people this year.
4. Talking to my parents is something I used to do every Sunday, for at least an hour. I miss talking to them, but I feel like it's easier to talk to them when I have haven't for so long. I'm so lucky to have parents who stand behind me while I get myslef into crazy situations (such as running a town). They have never yet looked at me like I was too crazy or told me how silly it may be. For that I love them more than they will ever know.
5. This is my biggest let down of the year. I have not at a piece of sushi since I moved to Idaho, I think of sushi more than anything else. I was having sushi about twice of week, people say you can't miss what you don't have, that is not the case at all.
6. Now this one is not because I'm gross and don't mind a dirty bathroom. Brian and I decided it would be in our best interest to remodel our bathroom. Why? I don't know I guess we thought it would be nice, and it will. But understand its hard to keep my husband motivated to tile a shower when its snowing outside and he has a season pass to the area. I'm pretty slack with him because I can go over to the in-laws and shower, but once they are back from vacation it will a little more uncomfortable. I try to clean it, but its impossible so I simply close the door when he's not working on it.
7. Now people probably think I'm lying but I'm not, since I live above where I work and we only have one vehicle the last time I drove was over a month ago in Salt Lake, before that it had been about 3 months. I don't miss it, I won't lie.
8. The area finally opened, and I was rusty, since Santa brought me new skis and boots, I'm having to break in the boots, not fun. They felt better by the end of the day but I think I have at least a few my trips before they are perfect. I'm excited though skiing is so peaceful and surreal, especially at Losttrail your the only one on the run half the time and it feels like the mountain is all yours. I'm sure I will have stories of my skiing adventures, I'll keep you posted.
9. Now I think the last time I went to the dentist I was a junior in high school. I know, I know... Maybe this year, maybe.
10. I'm trying to grow my hair, it's to the point where its doing it's own thing, so I try to tame it but mostly just pull it back out of my eyes. I miss long hair, of course I always say that until I have it and it takes 30 minutes to blow dry. We'll see how long I last.
So this is what has been happening or not happening in my life. I hope people still check in on us. I'm sure I will be posting a lot more often now that business is slow.
Talk to you soon.




No comments: